World biz and more as seen from India

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Cut the crap

People usually don’t think very highly of Microsoft’s Steve Ballmer but I think I would love to work for this guy. US corporations have always been hypocrites and adding fuel to the fire are the top MBA producing factories. I had to go through a professional writing and speaking class to complete by graduate degree. My school had to make sure that they were producing a politically correct product. The first three words my professional speaking professor uttered were “Cover Your Ass” better known as CYA.

So what does the Ballmer reference have to do with this? It’s no secret that there is battle brewing between Google and Microsoft. Schools always teach us to say the right thing and maintain corporate dignity. I say screw all that… facts are facts. Google and Microsoft aren’t friends so why pretend to be like that when they are out to cut each others throat. Mark Lucovsky recounts in his sworn declaration that when told Ballmer he was leaving Microsoft for Google. Ballmer threw his chair and said

"I'm going to f---ing bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again," the declaration quotes Ballmer. "I'm going to f---ing kill Google."

Eric Schmidt was a top executive at Sun and Novell (both company were nearly demolished by Microsoft) before joining Google. What did Ballmer have to say about this? – Its gross exaggeration!!

I would love to see a similar rivalry brew between the tech companies in India coz when such a thing happens the consumers stand to gain the most.